Jewels sparkle and shine. The facets cut into the stone help it to shine. One of the best known gemstones is a diamond. A diamond represents a hidden potential in all things. Our clients deserve sessions cut and designed to help their potential shine.
January deserves to shine like jewel. Rather than letting be a let down after the business of December, find things to make it sparkle.
Jewels to Inspire across the Year
Jewels require care. So to our session planning requires continued attention. That attention comes through resources to inspire your sessions and by seeking to keep up self-care.
Self care support
Caring for ourselves makes us more able to meet the needs of those we serve. Here are a few resources.
Read an assortment of books.
Taking time to read can give a physical break and some mental stimulation. Audio books can allow us to listen as we fold clothes, dust, or soak in the tub.
A few books worth considering include:
- “The Diamond Cutter” – This short review highlights why.
- “Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End” by Atul Gawande. With slight changes, this can guide your assessments.
- “Original: How Non-Conformist Move the World” by Adam Grant. Topics included are speaking up for yourselves and for others, dealing with doubts and fears, creating a creative work environment, and how parents and teachers can support creativity.
Join self-care communities. A great example is the Self-Care Institute founded by Ami Kunimura, MA, MT-BC.
Stretching, exercising, hydration, and proper rest are a few more examples.
Jewels to inspire January Sessions
Here are some songs and other resources for your January sessions,
Seems like many jewel songs are focused on diamonds. Most are appropriate for use in senior living settings.
- Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend
- Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
- Some Days are Diamonds
- Diamonds are Forever (James Bond Movie)
- Big Blue Diamond (Kit Carson – 1950)
- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (Beatles)
- Put a Ring on My Finger (Les Paul & Mary Ford)
- There are sources for a variety of ages and events pinned to this board.
- You’ll find many dreamy ideas here.
- Hobbies area great topic to explore.
- From tea to teddy bears to model T’s – explore a variety of themes throughout the month.
Have other ideas? Please share them in the comments below.