June International Days
- 14th – International Bathtub Day: Break out the bath songs. Hold a party in the bathtub. Share some beauty with preschoolers.
- 21st – Make Music Day: Do I REALLY need to share ideas? Ok, here are a few. Break out the kazoos and get folks humming. Make some instruments.
- 1st – Go Barefoot Day: Offer foot massages and a song. Sing songs that mention going barefoot. Two that jump to mind are “Bare Footin” and the theme song to “Barefoot in the Park“.
- 2nd Saturday – National Rose Day: Sing songs that mention roses.
- 10th – National Herbs & Spices Day: Plant or harvest some herbs. In senior living, sing songs that mention herbs – “Scarborough Fair”, “Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)” and Margarittaville.
- 15th – National Smile Power Day: Sing and smile.
- 15th – Nature Photography Day: Picture a song is a fun intergenerational way to spend the day.
- 3rd Sunday – Father’s Day: Sing and create songs about fathers. Select songs that mention men. (Remember, it is wrong to stereotype by gender.)
- 19th – National Martini Day: For those in senior living, turn on the cocktail playlist. Serve up some martinis or mock-tinis.
- 21st – National Day of the Gong: – (The name of this day has me singing “Bang a Gong” by T. Rex.) Invite a local percussion ensemble or specialist to bring a few gongs for people to experience.
Keep on adding
So maybe these aren’t “delicate” ideas, but they will help you add a bit of a treat to this month. But they may be a bit of the unexpected.
If you are looking for more resources, come join our closed Facebook group where we support each other in finding resources and building out ideas.