Sharing is part of being in relationship with others. We may share our material possessions – food, shelter, clothing. We may share our time or our talents.We share in times of joy as well as during moments of sadness.
In and around the sharing we may find happiness. It is not something we can plan for or we can guarantee. We can provide the potential for it to happen.
Songs of happiness
Whether you work or live with children, older adults or both together, sharing music that mentions happiness is easy. In this list you’ll find a few appropriate for children or intergenerational situations. Most are appropriate for use with older adults. Some may inspire movement while others call for singing.
- If You’re Happy and You Know It
- (Forget your troubles, come on) Get Happy
- Happiness (Charlie Brown)
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy
- Happy (Pharrell Williams)
- Happy Together (The Turtles)
- I’m Happy Just to Dance with You (The Beatles)
- Oh Happy Day
- Put On a Happy Face (Bye, Bye Birdie)
- The Happy Wanderer
- Happiness Runs