Think about it. It is cold and often overcast here in the midwest. While December is filled with lots of carolers and special parties, the rate of visitors drops dramatically in SLCs.
You can change this perception. Use some of these dreamy ideas during January. A quick visit to Brownielocks reveals a variety of month-long and week-long events. Most days have multiple items you can celebrate. Here are some of my favorites along with music resources.
- International Brain Teaser Month: Play music selections by a particular composer or artist. Scramble the letters of the name. See who can figure out the person. You could do a fresh person each day. Each week could be a particular style of music.
- National Hot Tea Month: Check out “This song fits you to a T“.
- National Polka Month: Include polka music for movement activities. Have some intergenerational fun with these ideas.
Special weeks in January
- 2nd week: Universal Letter Writing Week – Sing songs about cards and letters.
- 3rd week: National Activity Profession Week – Support clients efforts in thanking these professionals.
Special Days in January
- 4th: Blue Monday – Sing “blue” songs.
- 4th: Pop Music Chart Day – Share hits from various decades.
- 7th: National Bubble Bath Day – Party in the bathtub!
- 10th: Stephen Foster Day – Sing Stephen Foster songs while sharing facts about his life.
- 13th: Make your dreams come true day – Share songs that mention dreams.
- 28th: National Kazoo Day – Get everyone humming with these ideas.
- 31st: Inspire Your Heart with Art Day – Use these ideas to get a session started.