Sharing songs about things that begin with the letter “D” can be a delightful exploration with preschoolers. Here are a few time-tested ideas to try with your preschooler(s).
- Scarf letter writing of “D”. This song has become a standard in my preschool letter focused sessions.
- Freeze dance. Children love to dance and to freeze.
- Dinosaur plates. Create paper plates with dinosaur images or buy plates with them already printed on them. use these plates to do:
- Dino Dance (A version of the Hokey-Pokey)
- Dino Ditty
- For a singable book, share “Dinosaur Dinosaur” by Kevin Lewis. It can be sung to the chorus of “Jingle Bells”.
- Drumming is a fun instrumental activity for the letter “D”. We did:
If you enjoyed these ideas, sign-up for Bright Ideas. Select the version that best meets your needs. Monthly newsletters will come your way.