Lifelong learning is considered by many to be a key to wellness. New experiences, mental challenges and staying mentally active are important to brain health. A Google search of lifelong learning resulted in 240,000,000 results. Changing the search to “lifelong learning with music” nets 13,200,000.
Music learning can happen in so many we ways!
- We can learn to read music or to play an instrument.
- Listening to music also provides opportunities for learning as we hear new sounds, new instruments, an emotion, a different cultures music.
- We can learn about composers and instruments.
- We can learn about the history about a music selection and what was happening in that period of time.
- We can learn about influencers – other composers or performers, other forms of art.
- For me, the biggest thing I continue to learn through music is about myself. I learn my abilities and my limitations. I find new ways to express myself. I find new things I enjoy and old approaches that no longer serve me.
Share in the comments below your favorite way to learn about/from music.
Live in the Hays, Kansas area? Want to enrich the life of a preschooler or an elder with music? Then drop us an email.