Here are some ideas just for subscribers of Bright Ideas around the topics of love and hearts – biggies for the month of February.
Preschool materials are now unlocked. Ideas for older adults may now be accessed at Session Cafe.
February is filled with heart and love events. It is listed on Brownielocks as:
- American Heart Health Month
- Library Lovers Month
- National Mend a Broken Heart Month
- Worldwide Renaissance of the Heart Month
Special weeks in February (2014) include:
- 1-7: Women’s Heart Week
- 7-14: Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week
- 8-14: Love Makes the World Go Round But Laughter Keeps Us From Getting Dizzy
- 9-15: Celebration of Love Week
And of course, we have Valentine’s Day.
With hearts and love at the center of so much, spreading the songs and other materials about love/hearts across the month can be appropriate.
For those with preschoolers
Check out Preschool Songs with Heart for some song ideas.
A few of my favorite singable books to share during the month are:
- Plant a Kiss
- I’ll Love You For Always
- We Are One: Book and Musical CD (Affiliate link)
- I Like Myself
- The Way I Feel (Part of why I think this is appropriate is we don’t always love/like others.)