Drawing Day, Do-dah Day and Doughnut Day are around the corner. It has things that start with “d” on my mind. Dinosaurs, deer, drums, dogs, doorbells, donkeys, ducks on my mind. Think of all the “D”songs you can sing with young, old, and both together! Select what is most appropriate to use with your group.
- How Much Is that Doggie in the Window?
- Down in the Valley
- There’s a Little White Duck
- Oh, You Beautiful Doll
- Get Along Little Doggies
- Sweetly Sings the Donkey
- Aiken Drum
- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Daddy’s Little Girl
- Breaking Up is Hard to Do (and for the doo, doo, doo, down doo be doo section)
- Daisy (Bicycle Built for Two)
- Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend
- Dolphin Family Song (to: The Adam’s Family) origins unknown
When the get in the notion They jump out of the ocean with tail fluke locomotion – the dolphin family. Swim in the the sea (eee, ee), Swim in the sea (eee, eee). Swim in the sea, live in a pod, swim in the sea (eee,eee)
I bet you know-oh their blow hole is their nose. And in and out the air goes – the dolphin family. Swim in the the sea (eee, ee), Swim in the sea (eee, eee). Swim in the sea, live in a pod, swim in the sea (eee,eee)
What D songs would you add? Place them in the comments below.
Looking for more intergenerational resources? Check out Sparking Lives Through Themes and Music.