Growing a garden can be fun and therapeutic. However, not everyone is able or into digging into dirt so let’s grow a garden of songs for those in senior living communities.
- I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
- Octopus’ Garden
- The Garden Song
- Tip Toe Through the Tulips
- Went to a Garden Party
- Safe In My Garden
Songs about flowers:
- White Coral Bells
- Red Roses for a Blue Lady
- Yellow Rose of Texas
- Carolina in the Morning
- In the Garden
- Hi-Lily, Hi-Lo
- Where Have All the Flowers Gone?
Songs about fruits and vegetables:
- Oats, Peas, Beans and Barley Grow
- Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off
- Scarborough Fair
- Banana Boat Song
- Don’t Sit Under the Apple Tree
- Lemon Tree
Some related songs:
- Morning Has Broken
- April Showers
- When It’s Springtime in the Rockies
To add some conversation on growing a garden,
- Bring in: garden gloves, trowel, potting soil, clay post, herbs, seeds, pictures of vegetables, a picture of a hoe.
- Discuss types of gardens people have had, what they planted, their successes and failures. Be sure and ask if they had a Victory Garden.
- Ask them to define a weed and list various types of weeds.
- Plan a garden or container garden.
Add you ideas for a growing a garden conversation in the comments below.