Time for a little
If my experiences are any indication, many currently living in senior living communities are familiar with Elis Presley. They have seen many of his movies and sing several of his songs.
Elvis week is generally the second week of August. This is a chance for making use of this love for Elvis (or at least the familiarity with him) for firing up some conversations.
Start by sharing some favorite Elvis tunes. Then have some fun discussing questions like these:
- What is one of your favorite Elvis tunes? What makes it special for you?
- Elvis appeared in many movies such as: “Jailhouse Rock” & “Viva Las Vegas”. More are listed here. Which ones have you seen?
- What was your feelings about Elvis and his shaking hips?
- Complete these lyrics:
- “Well since my baby left me, I found a new place to dwell. It’s down at the end of a lonely street at _______ _________.” (Heartbreak Hotel)
- “Don’t be cruel to a heart ______ ______.” (that’s true)
- “You ain’t nothing but a hound dog _______ ____ ____ _______.” (crying all the time)
- “Love me tender. Love me sweet. Never _____ ____ ___.” (never let me go)
- “Honey, I love you too much. Need your lovin’ too much. Want the thrill __ _____ _______.” (of your touch)
- “A well bless my soul. What’s wrong with me? I’m itching like a man on a ________ _____. ” (fuzzy tree)
Close with a “dance like Elvis” or an “Elvis impersonator” contest.
*If you enjoyed this idea, sign-up for Bright Ideas. It comes to your email filled with easy to use ideas.
How will you tap into the love for Elvis? Please share it in the comments below.