Earlier this week I shared a list of story songs for older adults. Today’s list is focused on intergenerational groups of older adults and children. Some songs might serve as a chance for seniors to share the history of changes with a younger generation. Most of these have refrains which make them easier for a group to join in.
- There’s a Hole in the Bucket
- Old Joe Clark
- Down In the Valley/On Top of Spaghetti
- O Jolly Playmate (great for talking about games)
- Froggie Went a Coutin’
- Daisy (Bicycle Built for Two)
- Cockles and Mussels
- Take Me Home Country Roads
- Grandma’s Feather Bed
- This Land is Your Land
- Puff the Magic Dragon
- American Pie
What story songs have you used in intergenerational groups? Share them now in the comments so we can all grow our lists.