Love. Simply love.
During February we observe American Heart Month, Creative Romance, National Heart Month and National Library Lovers Month. Reading this list of February month-long observances “simply love” springs to mind.
Trying to simplify my work, I’m challenging myself to a simple monthly theme for sessions and work. So here we go!
Simply Love in Senior Living
Sing some love songs. You’ll find several in these posts:
To that I’d add
- Try some cool moves to “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover” (Paul Simon) or “Baby Love” (The Supremes)
- Close out your sessions with “Bye Bye Love” (The Everly Brothers)
- Add in songs that may be popular with your seniors. A few ideas are:
- “I Only Have Eyes for You”
- “Smoke Get’s In Your Eyes”
- “Tennessee Waltz”
- “Young Love”
- “Catch a Falling Star”
- “Have I Told You Lately that I Love You?”
- “I Don’t Know Why”
To tie into the simply love theme, ask about books that love to read.
Question and answer songs often tell a story. As an added bonus, many in senior living communities grew-up singing them in school.
Great time for intergenerational groups. Share some of the singable stories highlighted here. Mother Goose is another collection you can share in a silly way.
Simply Love with Preschoolers
Check these posts for many songs and some singable books to share: