Cars have impacted our society and our world. Cars require care and tune-ups. As October is Car Care Month tune-up those in senior living communities with some of these ideas. Wonderful topic for men.
Shared by Healing Sounds Music Therapy:
- “No Particular Place to Go”
- “See the USA in your Chevrolet”
- “Silver Thunderbird” by Mark Cohen (This is a relatively unknown song by same guy who did “Walking in Memphis”.)
Kat Fulton at Rhythm for Good shared:
- Mustang Sally
- In my Merry Oldsmobile
Here are some more ideas:
- “Hey Good Lookin'”
- “Fun, Fun, Fun” – Beach Boys’
- “Little Deuce Coupe” – Beach Boys’
- “Six Days on the Road,” Merle Haggard
- “Little Old Lady from Pasadena” – jan & Dean
- “Mercedes-Benz” – Janis Joplin
- “Baby You Can Drive My Car” – Beatles
- “Gimme Oil in My Lamp”
While this song speaks about walking, billboards are often associated with cars.
This would also be a great topic for creating a partner song like the one that follows:
To: My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean
Check the oil and change it at least every 7,800 miles. Check the battery and antifreeze. And, keep an eye on the tires.
Refrain: Car care, car care. It can be easier than making repairs. Car care, car care. Be sure and fill the gas.
What songs or car care ideas would you share in a senior living community?