Do you hear it? There is a rumble starting in Hays…school started. There’s another rumble – fall & winter programs are starting in the Hays Public Library Children’s Department.
To kick off the season Music Sparks will be sharing “Rumble in the Jungle” with the children. We’ll be singing the book as I learned from my friend Jessica Edwards, MT-BC over at Therapeutic Harmony. (Click here to hear her sing the book.)
My favorites characters to sing about in this book are the lion, the gorilla and the tiger. (What can I say other than I love adding sound effects.)
Other books a child might enjoy along with “Rumble in the Jungle” include:
- “Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme” by Marianne Berkes
- “We’re Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure” by Laurie Krebs
- “A is for Anaconda: A Rainforest Alphabet” by Anthony D. Fredericks
- “If I were a Jungle Animal” by Amanda Ellery
- “Jungle Drum” by Deanna Wundrow
- “Verdi” by Janell Cannon
In addition we’ll be singing songs such as:
- Grumph (went the little green frog)
- Go Bananas
- Silly Sam the Sneaky Snake
To physically share the rumble in the jungle why not join the children in pretending to be jungle animals: snakes, chimpanzees, lions, what ever their favorite jumble animal is.
What would you add to these ideas to make a rumble in the jungle more musical fun? Please share them in the comments below.
*If you live in the Hays area I hope you will join us Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 4pm. If you live away from the area, see what programming is available at your library branch.