During December, I have spent a lot of time assessing 2011 and planning for 2012. Lots of big things are planned for Music Sparks in the new year. As Chris Brogan has recommended, I have set my three words to guide the year - strengthen, stretch, sustain.

Strengthen – I want to strength what I offer and what others can do through my offerings. This is why I now have two new FREE monthly resources in addition to my newsletter. Other items are in the works for this year so keep watching!

Stretch – During 2012, I am moving outside my tried and try experiences and stretching into new ventures. These will help me grow personally and professionally. One of my plans is to have a new logo created that better describes Music Sparks and my dreams for its future. Another stretch is adding programming at the Hays Public Library. (Those in the Hays area be watching for details.) Announcement of other stretches will be coming.

Sustain - My effort is to sustain quality resources for my readers and quality sessions for my clients. My current plans are during the first quarter of 2012 to post a blog on this site every three days. And, I hope to continue to host guest posts. (Feel free to check out the details on my FAQ page if you are interested.) On a personal level I wish to sustain my strength, flexibility, and health. resources

I would welcome an opportunity to hear your three words for 2012. Please share them now in the comments below!i

15 thoughts on “Looking Ahead to 2012

• 31 December, 2011 at 9:01 am

Great post, JoAnn! Here are the words that come to mind for me: nurture (for my family and my business relationships), create (from new interventions to new ways t bring music and music therapy to my community), and expand (thinking bigger and extending the reach of my business. This one should not apply to my waistline, though!)
    Rachelle Norman recently posted..The Radio and YouMy Profile

• 31 December, 2011 at 10:35 am

Love these words and your goals for the year. Totally agree on the waistline, I look forward to watching your business expand this year.

• 31 December, 2011 at 9:39 am

I love your words JoAnn! I especially like stretch, since that is constantly one of my goals. Happy New Year!

• 31 December, 2011 at 10:32 am

Stretch is a wonderful goal. Happy New Year to you, too. Your site often encourages me to stretch.

• 31 December, 2011 at 10:31 am

Love your words, Meryl. Readers, be sure & read Meryl’s post. It is a nice review of her year.

• 31 December, 2011 at 12:17 pm

What a great idea! I love your words, JoAnn. The three that come to mind for me: create, sing, shine. 2012 is going to be an awesome year for all of us music therapy bloggers :)
    Rachel Rambach recently posted..Today at Listen & Learn Plus!My Profile

• 31 December, 2011 at 1:45 pm

2012 will be a great year. Love your words especially shine.

• 31 December, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Hi JoAnn,
    Only 3, eh??
    This past week I was creating a “soulbook”. It’s a personal book filled with words, images and reminders intended help me live from my soul. My favorite words from that book that I hope to carry with me daily this year would be…sparkle, laugh, inspire.

• 31 December, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I love all three words, Susan. They seem to suit you and your work well. May 2012 be a great year for you!

• 31 December, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Hi JoAnn,

Great words to live by as we roll into 2012. I would have to say that my three words would be expand (the business), balance (work and personal) and explore.

Happy New Year!

• 31 December, 2011 at 6:48 pm

More wonderful works, Carly. Keep us posted on your efforts this year.

• Pingback: Patience, Productivity, and Presence

• 2 January, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I love your three words. Mine are moderation, motivation, and anticipation. Happy New Year!

• Pingback: Here’s what I’m reading this month… « Musical Gems